SES Consulting is seeking an individual with a passion for the environment to join our growing Victoria-based team as an Intermediate Technologist / Engineer. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated interest in sustainability along with strong communication skills, project management, and a technical experience in HVAC and / or building science.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for technical project support and project management for commercial building energy efficiency retrofits; primarily mechanical upgrades and controls optimization. Specific duties will include collecting and preparing building data, identifying and analyzing savings from energy conservation projects, and assisting with implementation design and execution. This position will also support the Senior Engineer with internal management of projects and team capacity to help our teams complete high-quality projects on time and on budget.
- Passion for sustainability
- Strong written and oral English
- Bachelor or Technology or Engineering in relevant discipline (mechanical, energy management, controls)
- 2-5 Years of experience, specifically in technical project management
- Experience with HVAC / Controls or Energy Auditing
- Experience with Microsoft Word and advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills, prioritization and self-managing multiple concurrent work-streams
- Experience managing and working in teams
- Experience with facilitation and/or software development would be an asset
- Victoria-based in our downtown office
- Full-time 40 hours a week
- Office hours 9 to 5:30, flexible work hours may be discussed
- Tentative start date November 20, 2017
Application closing date is Monday, October 30 at 4:00 pm PST.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com indicating “Technologist/Engineer” in the subject line.
SES is committed to facilitating, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, or age.