Come work with SES Consulting!
Do you want to work for a company that’s tackling climate change head on? Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment? This may be the job for you! SES Consulting has two open positions for Junior Engineers, one in Vancouver and one in Victoria. The successful applicants will enjoy digging into the details of engineering work, have strong technical writing skills, and a passion for creating more sustainable buildings.
These are full-time positions overseen by Senior Engineering staff. A typical week may involve heading to site to collect building data and documenting it in our tools. You’ll spend time reviewing building automation systems and trend logs and preparing draft energy conservation recommendations. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with your team to develop and analyze measures for clients and draft them into clear and concise reports that have a strong business case to achieve maximum GHG reductions. As your skills grow you’ll move into implementing projects, you’ll have the option of training into technical, project management, and leadership skills as interest and opportunity allow. At the end of each week you’ll know the work you’ve done is making a difference for the planet.
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability
- Strong written and oral English
- Engineering degree, eligible for Engineer in Training (EIT) status with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Knowledge thermodynamics or HVAC / Controls in particular
- Experience with Microsoft Word and advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with energy efficiency measures or experience with energy auditing
- Skilled at analyzing information and drawing conclusions
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively in a variety of team environments
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or other 2D / 3D drafting software
- Experience with construction specification documents
- Vancouver or Victoria downtown office
- Full-time 40 hours a week.
- Office hours 9 to 5:30, flexible work hours may be discussed.
- Tentative start date September 30, 2019
Application closing date is Sunday, August 18th at Midnight PST
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with “Junior Engineer” as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter if you are applying for the Vancouver or Victoria position, if applying for both please indicate a preference.
SES is committed to facilitating, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, or age.
Due to volume, SES will not be able to respond to all applicants; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About SES Consulting:
SES Consulting Inc. is a dynamic Vancouver-based social venture that focuses on reducing carbon emissions by improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Our diverse team provides energy assessments, direct digital control (DDC) design and re-commissioning, project management, energy consumption analysis, measurement and verification, green building certification, coaching, training and conservation programming services. We help upgrade new and existing facilities with the latest technologies by providing sound recommendations and financial analysis of energy savings paybacks.
SES is also certified B-Corp; meeting “rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency”. To learn more about SES Consulting, please visit our web site at www.sesconsulting.com.