SES Consulting Inc. is a dynamic Vancouver-based social venture engineering firm and B-Corp that focuses on reducing carbon emissions by improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Our diverse team provides energy assessments, direct digital control (DDC) design and re-commissioning, mechanical re-design, project management, and sustainability consulting services. We offer a relaxed, professional office culture that rewards impact, accountability, and leadership. If you’re looking to do interesting, innovative engineering work that aligns with your sustainability values – this is the right job for you.
SES is looking for an experienced mechanical design engineer to join our Mechanical Re-Design team. Successful candidates will have:
- A passion for sustainability, particularly energy efficiency
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Mechanical or Systems Engineering)
- P.Eng. eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- 5-10 years experience with mechanical design projects in a leadership role including design, construction and commissioning
The successful candidate will be a strong team player, interested in collaboration, with a skill for finding innovative approaches to mechanical re-design projects. You will be the technical lead on the Mechanical Re-Design team and able to advise on best practices as well as practical considerations. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out detailed, innovative re-design of HVAC and plumbing systems in existing buildings to achieve energy efficiency and GHG reduction objectives.
- Completing on-site investigations and analysis of commercial building mechanical systems to identify deficiencies and energy efficiency opportunities including controls optimization.
- Leading project implementation including preparation of tender documents and coordinating with clients and contractors to ensure projects are completed on time and achieving energy objectives.
- Collaborating with team members to identify opportunities for innovation that meet clients needs and evolve industry best practices.
- Mentoring less experienced staff and providing technical guidance on mechanical re-design projects.
- Varied mechanical design experience, including hospitals, recreation centres and commercial buildings
- Experience working collaboratively in a variety of team environments and/or leading a team
- Experience or strong interest in energy efficiency retrofits/energy auditing
- Knowledge of the BC Building Code, Vancouver By-Laws, the Canadian Electrical Code, ASHRAE and other applicable codes and standards
- Proficient communication (oral and written) and technical writings skills in English
- Building maintenance experience (preferred)
- Controls experience (preferred)
This is a full-time permanent position working out of our Vancouver Gastown office. SES offers competitive compensation and benefits including health and wellness. Our relaxed working environment including flex-time arrangements such as reduced hours and working from home.
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is identified.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mechanical Re-Design Engineer” as the subject line.
SES is committed to facilitating, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, or age.
Due to volume, SES will not be able to respond to all applicants; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.