SES Consulting is seeking an individual with a passion for the environment to join our Vancouver-based team for a Summer Internship. The successful applicant will be of Indigenous Ancestry and will have a demonstrated interest in sustainability and Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM), with a career goal of working in these fields.
SES is committed to facilitating, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Indigenous Ancestry embraces all First Nations, status and non-status; Inuit; and Métis peoples. The goal of this Internship is to support and encourage Indigenous youth in pursuing a career in STEM by providing insight into the industry, work experience, and mentoring.
This is a full-time position reporting to our Operations Manager and is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of an energy efficiency engineering office. The successful applicant will also be paired with an engineering mentor and will have opportunities to participate in engineering projects. Specific duties may include:
- Primary reception coverage – phone, door, deliveries
- Purchasing of Office Supplies
- Logistics support for Senior staff – electronic filing, scanning, couriers and arranging travel
- Assist Senior Staff with final review and formatting of reports, proposals and similar
- Small event planning and logistics – room bookings, catering and Audio Visual set up
- Office tidiness and errands
- Project Management Support – setting up project tasks, responding to staff queries, reviewing entries and assisting with reporting
Engineering Support Depending on the applicant’s interest (20%)
- Assisting with a building energy audit
- Documentation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, lighting systems, water systems
- Review of building automation systems (BAS)
- Energy data analysis
- Strong written and oral English;
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Demonstrated interest in energy conservation and / or sustainability
- Interested in a career in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Of Canadian Indigenous Ancestry
- Attending a secondary or post-secondary institution or recently graduated
- Vancouver-based in Gastown
- Full-time 35 hours a week
- Flexible hours offered, general office hours are 9 to 5:30
- Flexible start date
- Internship length will be 2 months with a possibility of extension to 4 months
- Starting wage is $18/hr
Applications will be received until April 26, 2019 at 4:00pm PST. Submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com indicating “SES Summer Internship” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please include your career goals and how this Internship might support them.
Due to volume, SES may not be able to respond to all applicants; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About SES Consulting:
SES Consulting Inc. is a dynamic Vancouver-based social venture that focuses on reducing carbon emissions by improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Our diverse team provides energy assessments, direct digital control (DDC) design and re-commissioning, project management, energy consumption analysis, measurement and verification, green building certification, coaching, training and conservation programming services. We help upgrade new and existing facilities with the latest technologies by providing sound recommendations and financial analysis of energy savings paybacks.
SES is also certified B-Corp; meeting “rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency”. To learn more about SES Consulting, please visit our web site at www.sesconsulting.com.
We respectfully acknowledge that SES Consulting Vancouver Office is situated on traditional unceded Coast Salish Territories.