SES Consulting is an energy efficiency engineering firm with a social mission. What does that mean? It means that saving energy and greenhouse gases for our clients, and being a great place to work are as important as the bottom line. As a certified B-Corporation since 2012, we challenge ourselves to embrace equity, transparency, good governance, the environment and our community in our business practices.
Here are 5 things that our staff love about working at SES:
- Love of learning – No two projects are the same.
- We walk the talk – Everyone at SES embraces sustainability in our actions.
- Results matter – If it does not save energy, and it doesn’t last, we haven’t done our jobs.
- It’s about balance – We want our staff to have great careers balanced with great lives.
- We have a collaborative culture – We work as a team, sharing knowledge, recognizing and celebrating each other.
SES Consulting is recruiting experienced professionals for mechanical design engineering roles. The successful applicants will have a minimum of 2 years of previous mechanical design consulting experience in construction or commercial
buildings, and a passion for climate action and sustainable building design.
- Full-time, permanent position
- Compensation: $67,000 to $104,000 range; compensation will be negotiated based on level of experience
- Location: Flexible, BC based (with home office or as part of our Vancouver, Victoria or Squamish offices)
- Travel required to project sites (estimated 1-3 times per month)
- Flexible office hours, flex time options (the successful candidate can negotiate their preferred work schedule)
- Group medical and dental benefits package
- Tentative start date November 4, 2021
Apply to email@example.com by Sunday, October 3rd at Midnight PST. We thank all applicants for your interest. However, due to volume we will only contact those shortlisted for the position. NO telephone inquiries please. To apply:
Send a resume (maximum 2 pages), and a cover letter with “Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer” as the subject line.
Please include in your cover letter how you demonstrate your passion for climate action and sustainability, and where you heard about the posting.
SES is committed to facilitating, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, or age.
This is a full-time position overseen by a Senior Engineer. The candidate will be involved in mechanical design consulting to retrofit existing buildings with energy efficiency upgrades. Specific duties will include developing conceptual designs,
sizing piping and ductwork, selection of pumps, boilers, heat pumps, heat recovery systems, RTUs, MUAs and other HVAC systems, as well as preparing cost estimates and tender packages for contractor installation.
This position will also support the Senior Engineers with internal management of deliverables and team members to help complete high-quality projects on time and on budget. You’ll have the option of training into technical, project management, and leadership skills as interest and opportunity allow. At the end of each week, you’ll know the work you’ve done is making a difference for the planet.
- Demonstrated passion for climate action, mechanical engineering and sustainable technologies
- Mechanical Engineering degree, eligible for Engineer in Training (EIT) or P. Eng. status with Engineers and
- Minimum of 2 years of previous mechanical design consulting experience
- Effective communication skills, including good technical writing and oral English
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of building control systems
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with energy efficiency measures
- Knowledge of and experience with energy auditing
- Ability to analyze information and make recommendations
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse projects and issues concurrently at a detailed level while meeting deadlines
About SES Consulting:
SES Consulting Inc. is a dynamic Vancouver-based social venture that focuses on reducing carbon emissions by improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Our diverse team provides mechanical design, energy assessment, direct digital control (DDC) design and re-commissioning, project management, energy consumption analysis, measurement and verification, green building certification, coaching, training and conservation programming services. We help upgrade new and existing facilities with the latest technologies by providing sound recommendations and financial analysis of energy savings paybacks.
SES is a certified B-Corp; meeting “rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency”. To learn more about SES Consulting, please visit our web site at www.sesconsulting.com.