Come work with SES Consulting!
SES Consulting is an energy efficiency engineering firm with a social mission. What does that mean? It means that saving energy and greenhouse gases for our clients, and being a great place to work are as important as the bottom line. As a certified B-Corporation since 2012, we challenge ourselves to embrace equity, transparency, good governance, the environment and our community in our business practices. We offer a comprehensive remuneration package that includes extended health benefits, and incentive plans that reward commitment and achievement.
Here are 5 things that our staff love about working at SES:
- Love of learning – No two projects are the same.
- We walk the talk – Everyone at SES embraces sustainability in our actions.
- Results matter – If it does not save energy, and it doesn’t last, we haven’t done our jobs.
- It’s about balance – We want our staff to have great careers balanced with great lives.
- We have a collaborative culture – We work as a team, sharing knowledge, recognizing and celebrating each other.
SES is recruiting a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join our passionate team of engineering professionals. The successful applicant will enjoy digging into the details of engineering work, have strong technical writing and critical thinking skills, and a passion for creating more sustainable buildings.
This is a full-time position overseen by a Senior Engineer. A typical week may involve heading to site to collect building data and documenting it in our tools. You’ll spend time reviewing building automation systems and trend logs, and prepare draft energy conservation measures. You will work closely and collaboratively with your team to develop and analyze energy conservation measures for clients and draft them into clear and concise reports that have a strong business case to achieve maximum energy and GHG reductions.
As your skills grow, you will support professional engineers with the design and implementation of energy efficiency upgrades. You will have the option of training into technical, project management, and leadership skills as interest and opportunity allow. At the end of each week, you will know the work you’ve done is making a difference for the planet.
- Full-time, permanent position
- Location: Flexible, work from home options available. Ideally located in Victoria, BC
- Compensation: $52,000 to $70,700 range; specific compensation will be negotiated based on experience
- Periodic travel required to project sites (estimated 1-3 times per month)
- Flexible office hours, flex time options
- Group medical and dental benefits package, Health and Wellness benefit
- Position start date: October 2022
- Demonstrated passion for climate action, mechanical engineering and sustainable technologies
- Engineering degree, eligible for Engineer in Training (EIT) or P. Eng. status with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Good written and spoken English
- Experience with Microsoft Word and advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of thermodynamics
- Knowledge of HVAC / Control Systems in particular
- Familiarity with energy efficiency measures or experience with energy auditing/energy modelling
- Skilled at analyzing information and drawing conclusions
- Strong technical writing and critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively in a variety of team environments
Email email@example.com by Sunday, October 9th by midnight PST with:
- “Junior Mechanical Engineer” as the subject line
- Where you heard about the posting in the body of your email
- Attached Resume (maximum 2 pages)
- Attached Cover letter telling us about your passion for climate action
SES is committed to facilitating, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, or age.
We thank all applicants for your interest, however, due to volume we will only contact those shortlisted for the position. NO telephone inquiries please.
About SES Consulting:
SES Consulting is grateful to work on the unceded, ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəjˀəm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh-ulh Temíx̱w (Squamish), səl̓ilwətaɁɬ təməxʷ (Tsleil Waututh), Coast Salish, Á,LEṈENEȻ ȽTE (W̱SÁNEĆ) and Lekwungen/Songhees Nations.
We are a dynamic Vancouver-based social venture that focuses on reducing carbon emissions by improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Our diverse team provides mechanical design, energy assessment, direct digital control (DDC) design and re-commissioning, project management, energy consumption analysis, measurement and verification, green building certification, coaching, training and conservation programming services. We help upgrade new and existing facilities with the latest technologies by providing sound recommendations and financial analysis of energy savings paybacks.
SES is a certified B-Corp; meeting “rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency”. To learn more about SES Consulting, please visit our web site at www.sesconsulting.com.