Come work with SES Consulting!
Do you want to work for a company that’s tackling climate change head on? Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment? This may be the job for you! SES Consulting has an open position for a Junior Engineer in our Vancouver office. The successful applicants will enjoy digging into the details of engineering work, have strong technical writing skills, and a passion for creating more sustainable buildings.
This is a full-time position overseen by a Senior Engineer. A typical week may involve heading to site to collect building data and documenting it in our tools. You’ll spend time reviewing building automation systems and trend logs, and prepare draft energy conservation measures. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with your team to develop and analyze energy conservation measures for clients and draft them into clear and concise reports that have a strong business case to achieve maximum energy and GHG reductions. As your skills grow, you’ll support professional engineers with the design and implementation of energy efficiency upgrades. You’ll have the option of training into technical, project management, and leadership skills as interest and opportunity allow. At the end of each week, you’ll know the work you’ve done is making a difference for the planet.
We are applying for an Eco Canada Grant for partial funding of this position. The successful candidate must be:
- 30 years of age or younger
- Unemployed, under employed, or a student/recent graduate
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability
- Good written and oral English
- Experience with Microsoft Word and advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of thermodynamics
- Engineering degree, eligible for Engineer in Training (EIT) status with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Knowledge of HVAC / Control System
- Familiarity with energy efficiency measures or experience with energy auditing/energy modelling
- Skilled at analyzing information and drawing conclusions
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively in a variety of team environments
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or other 2D / 3D drafting software
- Experience in mechanical HVAC design
- Experience with construction specification documents
- Vancouver downtown office
- Full-time 40 hours a week
- Office hours 9 to 5:30, flexible work hours may be discussed
- Site visits in the lower mainland are part of the job requirements
- Tentative start date June 3, 2021
Why Join Us?
SES is a social enterprise energy efficiency engineering firm. What does that mean? It means saving energy and greenhouse gases, benefiting our community, and being a great place to work are as important as the bottom line. The reason we’ve been so successful is that our staff embody everything we are trying to accomplish. Here are the four things that we love about working at SES.
- Love of Learning – No two projects at SES are the same
- Green at Home and Work – Everyone at SES has a passion for improving sustainability
- Results Matter – If it does not save energy, and it doesn’t last, we haven’t done our jobs
- It’s About Balance – We want our staff to have great careers balanced with great lives
Application closing date is Sunday, April 18th at Midnight PST
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with “Junior Engineer” as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter if you are applying for the Vancouver or Victoria position, if applying for both please indicate a preference.
SES is committed to facilitating, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, or age.
Due to volume, SES will not be able to respond to all applicants; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About SES Consulting:
SES Consulting Inc. is a dynamic Vancouver-based social venture that focuses on reducing carbon emissions by improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Our diverse team provides energy assessments, direct digital control (DDC) design and re-commissioning, project management, energy consumption analysis, measurement and verification, green building certification, coaching, training and conservation programming services. We help upgrade new and existing facilities with the latest technologies by providing sound recommendations and financial analysis of energy savings paybacks.
SES is also certified B-Corp; meeting “rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency”. To learn more about SES Consulting, please visit our web site at www.sesconsulting.com.